Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back in the Darkroom at Last!

I've been slacking, lazy even, not practicing my wet darkroom skils. I love digital photography to express myself - particularly for color work, but I really have been missing the process of creating silver prints in the wet darkroom. The luminous quality of these black and white images far surpasses the tonality that similar digital prints can achieve. So I'm here, fixer stinking on my hands, making some contact sheets and getting ready to print some enlargements.
Now for the geek stuff: This set is a made at a botanical garden with a Nikon F camera with a Sigma 16mm fish eye lens. The film is my absolute favorite B&W - TriX 400. Sorry TMax - I don't believe the hype, I'm a tried and true fan fan of your older cousin.
So I'll keep you posted, but I'm psyched by the contact sheet here...it's making me a bit giddy or maybe it's the fumes...maybe I need to stand closer to the exhaust fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for commenting! I really appreciate hearing from you.