Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cat and I

This is a picture of me with a photo of my cat Gabriel. I love this cat in a crazy cat lady way. I don't kiss his little gray lips or anything, but some of the finest moments in my life revolve around making Gabe purr. Once while I was doing work for my Tattoo/Fetish series my mother, who is normally adores contemporary art, asked me why this series (www.vividblack.net/tattoo) was so disturbing and why couldn't I just take pictures of kittens on glass tables. I struggle with the kitten-art thing because truly I would love to be taking adorable pictures of cats all day long, but that doesn't seem like a good path for a contemporary artist. Maybe I'll get a chance with some commercial art someday, but it seems like mostly dog fashion (Collars and Couture) is what I get the opportunity to do. I'm not knocking the pups at all, I love doing that stuff, but it seems there should be fashion industry ops for cats too, ya know?

1 comment:

  1. So truly, taking pictures of kittens on glass tables daily would be boring as fuck. I'm sorry to disappoint you, mom. I'm just a fetishist at heart...I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for commenting! I really appreciate hearing from you.